FW: Clinton body bagsMe Without YouCapital KingsBlog postsItachi4843/Hey!A5637/The MB Religion DebateThroughMyEyes/Main PageNehpets700/Christian Support CenterRePeat/Prayer Request PagesKlintrin/Christian Lego Fans ForumJegalo/DevotionalsWikia Chat logsChat/Logs/25 October 2012Chat/Logs/30 October 2012Chat/Logs/7 November 2012Chat/Logs/14 November 2012Chat/Logs/21 April 2013Chat/Logs/22 April 2013Chat/Logs/23 April 2013CommunityRecent blog posts
Christian Lego Fans Wiki
All Contributors
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar

Middle East

I'm not sure if anyone wants to discuss the politics of it, but I think we should be praying for our leaders, and for the people of Syria. For those of you who don't know, there is a civil war in Syria, which has been going on for two years now. Due to larger-scale use of chemical weapons, things have escalated recently. The Middle East may erupt into a massive war if things are handled poorly. Threats have been made by Iran and Syria to destroy Israel if the US attacks Syria in reprisal for the chemical attacks, so we should keep the Israelis in our prayers too. Egypt is also in a civil war, and Christians are being persecuted. We should be praying.

Tl;dr = pray for our leaders and the people of the Middle East!

1 9
  • Upvote
  • Reply
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar
Avatar

I don't see how anyone could start discussing something abut this, I think we all agree that we should be praying for the people in the Middle East. :S

How does us all agreeing mean we shouldn't discuss it?
Obi the LEGO Fan wrote:
How does us all agreeing mean we shouldn't discuss it?

Well, what would we discuss about? :S

Ihaveawiixboxds wrote:

Obi the LEGO Fan wrote:
How does us all agreeing mean we shouldn't discuss it?

Well, what would we discuss about? :S

Well, we could discuss the various specifics to pray about, we could discuss what we think needs to happen over there, we could discuss what it may mean for us as Christians, and whatever else.

Uh, okay...

Well, I think what needs to happen over there is war needs to end. How 'bout you?

Yes, war needs to end. Although, it probably won't for a long time. The religious differences between the Sunnis, Shi'ites, Jews and Christians aren't going away, and a lot of the problem stems from radical Shi'ite eschatology.

0
Obi the LEGO Fan wrote:
Yes, war needs to end. Although, it probably won't for a long time. The religious differences between the Sunnis, Shi'ites, Jews and Christians aren't going away, and a lot of the problem stems from radical Shi'ite eschatology.

Praying. 

It really freaked me out when they started using chemicals. 

I do know some of what's happening, but not much. Aren't the Shi'ites trying to speed things up through war so their "messiah" will come? Will he be the Anti-Christ?

Shadowfax123 wrote:

Obi the LEGO Fan wrote:
Yes, war needs to end. Although, it probably won't for a long time. The religious differences between the Sunnis, Shi'ites, Jews and Christians aren't going away, and a lot of the problem stems from radical Shi'ite eschatology.

Praying. 

It really freaked me out when they started using chemicals. 

I do know some of what's happening, but not much. Aren't the Shi'ites trying to speed things up through war so their "messiah" will come? Will he be the Anti-Christ?

The previous president of Iran was convinced –as well as Saddam Hussein if I remember correctly– that he was "chosen" to aid the Twelfth Immam (sp?), yes. They believe that a massive jihad to wipe out all incorrigible Jews and Christians is necessary. And they want to start with Israel. A lot of people who support intervention in Syria think that Iran won't attack Israel despite their threats, but I don't think they understand the depth of the issue. Iran will attack if it gets the chance...

I'll say something about this tomorrrow guys. :) And yes, I will be praying for them. :)

Write a reply...